Being the person in charge of the company’s iOS app I have a chance to be involved in multiple fields.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs. Help maintain code quality, organisation and automatisation.
- Control the release pipeline: from code reviews to continuous integration and continuous delivery scripts to fully automated release trains to ensuring successful App Store reviews.
- Advocate for good user experience across our platform.
- Own features in production and as a result understand enough of how our teams work to make significant improvements in how we build software.
- Maintain awareness of potential threats, develop threat models and mitigate against vulnerabilities
- Lead the evolution of our security practices, including OWASP for all supported platforms.
- Drive the roadmap process by working closely with Engineers, Product Designers and Analysts to test, code, measure and iterate our products.
- Conduct & Facilitate requirements, design, and implementation reviews.
- Get involved with technical architecture and systems, product design and implementation, product launch and rollout plans, and other issues as they relate to technical prioritisation and team resourcing.
- Participate in development of hiring and on-boarding programs.
- Handle performance management, including working with under-performers.
- Mentor and coach teams across the company, particularly engineering, on security and secure development skills.
- Give talks on related topics and attend conferences as a speaker and developers’ advocate.
Check out: London, UK